We have many years’ experience in advising private clients recognising that each person has different needs.
We offer a comprehensive service to include:
Employee related issues, Financial planning, Inheritance Tax Planning including Trust and estate planning, International planning, Tax compliance, Tax Domicile and Residence Issues, Tax planning (Income Tax, Capital Gains Tax, Stamp Duty Land Tax, VAT.)
In addition we advise owner-managed businesses and individuals with corporate transactions.
We offer solutions that fit the problem – some are relatively simple, some solutions are complex depending on the problem to be solved and depending on your requirements.
Our advice can include:
- Will planning
- Planning with business assets
- Utilising most of exemptions and reliefs
- Inheritance tax planning with company shares
- Planning with trusts
- Planning after death
Please see the following sections:
- Rates and Allowances (awaiting content)
- Application (awaiting content)
- Fixed Asset Allowances & Privileged Investments (awaiting content)
- Non-residency (awaiting content)
Capital Gains Tax
We offer capital gains tax planning to our clients so that whether clients are in business or not we can help to mitigate the resulting capital gains tax.
This may be achieved by a number of means such as:
- Advice relating to entrepreneurs relief
- Advice on the timing of gains and losses
- Advice concerning reinvestment reliefs
- Gifts of business assets
- Advice prior to the sale of a business
Capital gains tax is currently levied at the rates of 18% and 28% after deduction of the annual exemption unless the gain is covered by entrepreneurs relief – in which case the gain is taxed at the 10% tax rate.
This really is a very valuable relief and is not to be wasted so it is important to take professional advice to ensure that you do not miss out on this relief unnecessarily by failing to plan properly for the sale of a business, associated asset or shares in your company, for example.
Self Assessment Tax Returns
We prepare our clients’ tax returns on an agreed fee basis where possible and make the whole process as simple as possible from the client’s point of view.
The tax compliance process is a yearly cycle with, where appropriate:
- Pre year end tax planning
- Collection of tax information from various sources
- Preparation of the tax return
- Obtaining the client’s agreement to the return
- Filing the return with HMRC
- Advising on payments of tax on account in January and July and the final balancing payment the following January
- Reduction of payments on account where appropriate
- Claims for allowances and reliefs as relevant