Acquisition strategies are undertaken for a variety of reasons. It could be that you want to:
- increase buying power with suppliers
- achieve consolidation of supply or markets
- acquire a distribution network for an existing product line
- reduce risk through product diversification. Whatever the underlying reasons, the one thing that all acquisition strategies have in common is a desire to strengthen and grow the existing business.
Mergers and acquisitions need careful planning if a successful outcome is to be achieved.
Parker Russell Corporate Finance’s Lead Advisory team works with clients at every stage of the process, helping to:
- develop and implement acquisition strategies
- identify suitable targets — either in the UK or overseas
- research and initiate discussion with potential targets
- negotiate, structure and close the deal